Click to add text, images, and other content
New - MaryJ's Wagner Walk video tutorial - click here: #mce_temp_url#
The line dances & more are being taught in a variety of spots within the Geator listening area. Scroll down to see suggestions from our readers. As of this writing
Inside the original "TV Song Storybook" [vinyl] album there is a pictorial history of the TV show and a chart teaching the dance steps of the Wagner Walk. That album is now on CD but without the pictures, and the original album is difficult to get but not impossible. Try eBay on line or call
or send an email to [email protected]
If we ever learn of or create a DVD or booklet of dance instructions, it will be announced in that group.
SUGGESTIONS FROM OUR READERS - call for current times & cost, if any:
There's always lots of line dancing at Geator's get-togethers, especially during the summer - check his schedule for where and when. The dancers will be happy to show you the steps
- Learn To Line Dance Classes in Norristown:
Mondays 6:00-7:15 pm beginners, 7:15-8:30 pm advanced
Holy Saviour Club, 436 E. Main St., Norristown, PA
On Wednesdays we encourage our classes to come & dance with us 4-8 pm at Taphouse 23 in Bridgeport with Geator & DJ Joel
Joanne Murray, 610/322-2986 /[email protected]
OR Carol Piantone 484/919-3690 / [email protected]
- Oldies Line Dance class with Mania Wednesday nights 7-9 pm at St. Elizabeth's Grant Hall, Cedar & Clayton Streets in Wilmington, Delaware. Come to learn oldies line dances from "back in the day" along with the newest line dances
For more details call (302) 598-0682, Mania (pronounced MAHN-ya)
- Oldies & More line dance classes every Monday night 6:30 pm at Five Points Fire Hall in Wilmington, DE. Teaching oldies & R&B/soul line dances. For info: Joanne O'Neill McMahon, (302) 437-5553
- MaryJ Rudolph's Motown Oldies Line Dancers in Coatesville, PA:
- Chichester Community Center, I-95 and Rt 452 in Upper Chichester (Boothwyn area), all levels welcome. Call Kathy at (302) 545-9424 for more info.
- Ro or Nan of Ro-Nan Dance Studios teach the steps at many of
- There are private teachers in the Northeast, including at Lyrics on
- Pat Hartzell teaches line dancing at the Lansdale Parks & Rec building, 7th St. & Church Rd., Thursday evenings from 6:30-7:30. Register by phone at 215-361-8352 or on the Borough of Lansdale site under Parks & Recreation. For more info call Pat at 267-246-1533.
In the summer of 2009 you could get line dancing instruction at Bubba Mac's happy hours at the Atlantic City Country Club on Thursdays. Don't know if this is still going on, but you can contact the A.C.C.C. for more info: www.accountryclub.com or 609/236-4465.
- Here's a tip for the guys: “Yo, my man! Learn them the same way I did! Get in line behind a beautiful chick. Shadow every move her feet make! By the time the song has ended, you've got the basic floor plan & maybe a new ‘amazon friend’! Worked for me!" - Chez
“One of the best ways to learn the line dances is from my DVDs. Most of the dances on the DVD series are from my two shows in the early '90s, Backstage with Blavat and On the Air with the Geator, which were filmed at various spots around the Philly area. The DVD Volume 6, The Lost Episodes also contains some rare footage of shows from the very beginning of my TV career in the '60s showing the dancers on the Discophonic Scene. No formal instructions, but you see their legs and learn by watching & copying.”
He also said:
“The place to learn the Jitterbug - Bandstand style - and all those wonderful Philly line dances that were created at
Got anything to add or update? Send info in an email to [email protected] and we'll post it here.
# last revised 1/15/16